Pages

1/14/11

Pajama Sale - Because early isn't bad enough

Every year the local merchants have a "pajama sale". They don't sell pajamas, but they do offer discounts which you have to be wearing your PJs to get. This is in addition to opening crazy early and ending all the best deals before 8 am.

I've gone a couple of years to photograph the people in their jammies, which are often outrageous. I don't think I can handle going again this year, but that doesn't mean I can't design some cute graphics for our Pajama Sale section to convince other people to go.

9 comments:

  1. So sweet! Love her slippers especially!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Joni! I was pretty pleased with how they turned out myself :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Serious? Have not heard of this kind of sale, very cool!!

    Your illustrations are beautiful btw :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mei, yeah, it's been done in a few touristy towns, but I'd never heard of anything like it until I started doing advertising for them.

    The bad part is that it's in Febraury and most jammies aren't all that warm out in the wind and snow. But, being in a colder climate it's something to draw in the tourists when they wouldn't normally think, "Wow, I love shopping in the bitter cold!"

    ReplyDelete
  5. ha! never heard of that before! very interesting but no way i would shop like that - today it is -23 outside!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello Melody, Nice to meet you. YOur illustrated works are just wonderful, they really make me smile.

    Ruth

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fine Hand, yikes! I don't think it's ever been that brutally cold during the PJ Sale here, but if it was I imagine attendance would get pretty sparce!

    Thanks Ruth!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow, that sounds a little insane! I'm not sure there's anything I'd want to buy badly enough to have to get up so early - wearing pj's out wouldn't bother me though :-P

    ReplyDelete
  9. Well here in CA you can find people at Walmart shopping in pajamas any time any day! No sale needed! lol!

    ReplyDelete